Friday, February 11, 2011

February Issue: Helping Children Feel Safe

This is my grandpa... He is very close to the veil today, and will soon be on the other side. We love him dearly, and my kids have been blessed to know him and build a loving relationship with him. I took them to see him last night - maybe for the last time. It was difficult to watch them hug and kiss him with tears streaming down their faces.






This article teaches parents how to help their children feel safe in difficult times such as this.

"How do we bring that peace into the lives of children who are growing up in trying, troubling times?...The best and most meaningful resources are found within the home where faithful, devoted parents and supportive brothers and sisters love one another and teach one another of their divine nature." - M. Russell Ballard

I am so blessed to know that life is eternal. It is such a comfort to me that I can reassure my children that we will see our grandpa again. I can teach them about the plan of salvation and eternal families.





"Children will receive an added measure of comfort and stability as you and they live by the words of the prophets and continue the practices that bring peace into the home, such as family and personal prayer, scripture study, and temple worship." (Feb. issue pg. 17)