Friday, January 28, 2011

January Issue: Visiting Teaching

The article is actually called, "Home Teachers who made a Difference." I really loved this article about real life experiences of families whose home teachers made a difference in their lives. As I read through the article it made me think about my responsibility as a visiting teacher. President David O. McKay gave a strong statement about the responsibilities and duties of a home teacher. I decided to replace the phrase "home teaching" with "visiting teaching" and I think it applies just as strongly to the sisters.


"Visiting teaching is one of our most urgent and most rewarding opportunities to nurture and inspire, to counsel and direct our Father's children. It is a divine service, a divine call. It is our duty as visiting teachers to carry the divine spirit into every home and heart." - David O. McKay.
"As visiting teachers listen to the inspiration they receive through the Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father can direct them to proivide individual, personalized guidance and service to each of his children." - January Ensign, pg. 33



If you haven't had the opportunity to go visiting teaching yet this month, you still have a few days left! At least make a quick phone call to check up on your sisters, and make your appointment for next month now! I really do love visiting teaching!